Aims of the Course
In order that any level of medication administration is delivered safely organisations must ensure that their care workers fully understand the constraints and implications of in house policies and are trained to a competent level to deliver medication and ensure the safety of the service user , the care worker and the organisation
This course is for any staff who check medication requirements against the Medication Administration Record and prepare and give these to the service user; open bottles and packet of tablets and remove them for the service user to take; pour out dosage of medicine; open medication compliance aid and give the medication to the service user to take; apply creams; apply eye, ear, and nose drops, administer specialist medication
- Be aware of the legislation and guidance that controls the prescribing, dispensing, administration , storage and disposal of medicines
- Understand the legal framework and how the organizations policies and procedures reflect these, for safe handling of medicines (prescribing, dispensing, administration, storage and disposal) by all workers
- Understand the process by which medicines are prescribed, dispensed and obtained by the individuals and the workers role in this process
- Understand the roles and boundaries of all workers with regards to the safe handling of medicines (prescribing, dispensing, administration, storage, and disposal) in various contexts
- Understand the need to check the medication and dosage prescribed by the clinician and is listed on appropriate documentation
- Understand the need to seek guidance and support about the medication
- Understand the importance of some types of medication prescribed and administered to individuals
- Understand the classification of medication
- Understanding the importance of noting and reporting any changes to an individual following administration of medicines
- Understand the need to obtain individual consent
- Understand the need to carry out a risk assessment
- Understand the need for appropriate preparation prior to administrating medicines
- Understand the requirements for careful and planned audits of medicine stock and its storage in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and organisational policies
- Understand the need for the prompt and safe disposal of unwanted or out of date medicines
We can deliver courses at your premises with prices starting from as little as £150. We also deliver a range of courses on a regular basis at our in-house training facility in Leicester from just £35 per person. You can view the upcoming courses here or just give us a call on 0116 2891517 for more details.
Course descriptions are © Copyright Total Care Training and Compliance Services Ltd.
Visit www.trainingandcompliance.co.uk for more information.